West Side Story

Tonight, tonight
It all began tonight
I saw you and the world went away~
 
It's a part of famous lyrics of the American musical 'West Side Story'. We saw this 1961 film at a cinema yesterday. I knew most of the musics and the plot, perhaps I've seen a part of the film on TV, but never seen the whole film. In fact, this is one of my mother's favourite films. She told me her father brought her to a cinema to see this film, and she was fascinated and shocked with 'West Side Story'. She has this music record as well. She used to explain how it was wonderful, and now I understand what she said. I assume it must have been sensational for people at that time, because it still fresh and cool. I thought this camera angle was interesting. I was thinking about not only the story, but also the old-time young people. I think it was a nice opportunity to see the old film in the cinema. 
 
 

Popular Posts