Street Food

My Indian friend told me about their street food "Jhal Muri". Have you had it before? I'd never heard of that. She said 'Jhal' means 'hot and spicy', and 'Muri' means 'Puffed rice'. An Englishman has sold it on streets in London! I want to try it if an opportunity offers, because it looks nice! Yummy:)


So I thought about streets food. I think most countries have their traditional streets food. Whatever they are traditional or new, unique or ubiquitous, they attract people. They are simple, convenient and fresh, and stimulate people's appetite. When I travelled to South Korea, I saw many food stalls on streets. My Taiwanese friend used to say that she always buys breakfast at food stall. At Black Lane in London, there are international food stalls. I ate sausage and pretzel in Germany, roast chestnuts in Paris, and Gelato in Italy. Crape, beer, hotdog, popcorn, tacos etc... they are so attractive.

Universally, we have various kind of street food in Japan., traditional ramen noodle stands and Yakitori stands come up to my mind. Also food stalls line streets at the festivals. Recently some food stalls appear around the office buildings to sell lunch boxes as well. Now, you are inclined to eat something:)

Comments

Popular Posts