Fukuoka

How much do you really know about the map of Japan? It's a small country. Just to make sure, this is Japan. The green arrow points to Miyagi prefecture, where I lived. The blue arrow points to Fukuoka prefecture, that I am going to talk about.

 
A few years ago, I flew to Fukuoka by myself for free, because I had enough air miles to fly there.
Quite honestly, air, atmosphere, colour of the sea, dialect accent, culture, climate, background of history etc, everything was different from my hometown. To stretch the point a bit, I felt as if I was in a different country. It was the first trip to Kyushu area. I mainly visited Fukuoka City Museum to see "The Gold Seal", Dazaifu-tenmangu and Kokura-castle.
 

WEDDING ISLAND MARIZON; wedding centre
 
 
In Hakata-city, I ate Zenzai, a sweet porridge of azuki beans boild and crushed, served in a bowl with mochi. It's a traditional Japanese dessert. I was the last customer, so I received extra service:)
 
 
 
I also ate Ramen noodle, because Hakata-city is famous of the tonkotsu (pork bone broth) ramen. I went to one of the famous ramen restaurant; Ippudo. They have chain stores in Japan and overseas. Well.., I had an extraordinary experience, because I sat on awkward one-seat. The bar table was partitioned with a panel, so I couldn't see next person. In my front, there was a short split curtain. I ordered noodle without seeing and talking to any staffs and as if I was eating it in a telephone box! I wonder if that bar table is still in use. Anyway, taste was good!
 
 
Next day, I went to Dazaifu. There are many lovely local shops along the front approach to Dazaifu-tenmangu. Dazaifu-tenmangu is one of the places I wanted to visit the most. It was a hot day but a comforting and healing environment.
 


 


Dazaifu-Tenmangu
 
Green powdered tea and Umegaya-mochi, the most popular sweet in Dazaifu.

 
 

The last day, I visited Kokura-castle. Unfortunately, there was nothing special inside the castle, but I enjoyed strolling new places. Everything turned out as planned and I was very satisfied. This is the part of my trip to Fukuoka. I found some pictures, so I decided to put them on my blog:)



 

Comments

Popular Posts