Twist The Knife

An earthquake with magnitude 6.7 occurred near Nagano, Japan last night. I was watching on TV at that time, and suddenly heard the earthquake alert after so long. It made my blood freeze. Soon after we felt the mild shock of the earthquake. Yes, I'd forgotten that we are now in the earthquake country. Before we came to Japan, I was a bit worried about it. I've had experiences of the strong earthquakes twice in my life, but my English husband is less familiar with it. I taught him what he should do when an earthquake happens last night. I hope nothing will happen while we stay in Tokyo.

When you stay indoors;
  1. Don't panic.
  2. You have to defend yourself, brace yourself in an inside corner of the house or building, or huddle under a table/desk prevent from the furniture to fall over, until the earthquake stops.
  3. Secure the escape door. The door may not open because of distortion of the building by the earthquake.
  4. When the earthquake stops temporarily, escape. Do not use the lift for evacuation. Be sure to wear shoes to protect your feet from broken pieces of glass.
When you stay outdoors;
  1. Don't panic.
  2. Stay away from window glass, concrete block walls, signboards, vending machines, etc; pay attention to falling objects.
  3. Escape to an open space.

Popular Posts