Default UKBA

Last month, the home secretary Theresa May announced that 'the troubled UK Border Agency' is to be abolished and brought back within the Home Office. At last, she turned her attention to the organisation itself, not only to immigrants. But it's doubtful whether its performance will be improved, because I think most workers might be the same unless they have major reforms, and it's a bit unrealistic. According to May, the UKBA will take many more years to clear the backlogs, which not top more than 310,000 cases. The UKBA will be split in two with separate immigration and law enforcement services under direct control of ministers.

Indeed. I think that UKBA's performance is not good enough. Personally, I had a nice impression of Solihull office, but overall, it's a difficult to book an appointment, their helpline is not helpful and their performances are slow...

One day, a letter arrived to our house, in which written to someone I don't know, but an address was correct. At first, I thought it was an advertising letter or something. This kind of mistake happens sometimes here. As a result, it was to a man who had lived here, while my husband was in NY. They know each other, and my husband leased the house to him. He is an American, and had lived here and worked in London. I know only his name but not his full name, that's why I didn't realise that it was a letter to him. My husband said that it was a letter from UKBA to say that he has no longer the right to remain in the UK. Pardon? Of course, he has already left the UK several years ago, before my husband came back to the UK and we got married! It's an unbelievable letter! Where on earth are their eyes? They must be blind not realizing that a legal person left the UK punctually long ago.

It won't be surprised that they deserve criticism for losing an opportunity to clamp down on illegal aliens residents and workers. This, however, was reality.

My husband helps migrants' rights activities. You can read what actually happen due to immigration law in the UK. Also if you are in need, you may be able to find some reliable information from here.

Comments

Popular Posts