Clock Change

There is something that I haven't got used to in the UK. That is "Winter time". During my first year in the UK, I worried seriously about 'how to SURVIVE the winter'. Basically I like winter. I used to enjoy snowboarding. At the peak season, I went to ski/snowboard resorts over 20 times. Luckily, my hometown is surrounded by the mountains and the sea, where I can get to within an hour. I sometimes went to the mountain after work when I was in my 20's! I think I was tough.

The clocks went back last Sunday. Japan doesn't have such a custom, so I still feel strange. Now the mornings are slightly lighter and the evenings are so dark. The time difference between UK and Japan also changed from 8 hours to 9 hours. I am always reminded the summertime or the wintertime official end by my mother-in-law.

It's too dark in the morning and so fast to get dark during the winter!!! I feel definitely that winter is around the corner. Let's think happy things such as Christmas...

Popular Posts