Animation I watched When I Was Young

What kind of animation did you enjoy watching most on TV when you were a child? When I stayed at the Scottish family's house many years ago, the child of the family enjoyed watching Scooby Doo.

My favourite Japanese animation series that I enjoyed watching as a child was 'Conan, The Boy in Future (original run; 1978 on NHK)'. (It's NOT 'Detective Conan' ). I remember my mother told me that a new animation starts and then I started to watch this. Actually this was one of the early animations which was produced by Hayao Miyazaki, now a famous Japanese film director from Studio Ghibli.

Now I realised that this story begins in July 2008, during a time when humankind is faced with the threat of extinction. Thinking back now, this world seems more like a future ahead though... After a devastating war, the five continents on the earth are destroyed and sink deep below the sea. But one of the spaceships narrowly escaped destruction and crash landed on a small island which had miraculously survived the devastation. Conan is a boy, a new life from survivors brought a new ray of hope to the earth. Since the other survivors died, he and his grandfather were left on the island. The adventure begins with he meets a young girl named Lana. He is just a boy, but an amazingly powerful boy. His movements are so funny.

I preferred this kind of SF based stories, rather than sweet stories for girls. Ah, those were the good days. :)

Popular Posts