Kozara

When I went back to Japan, I bought small dishes, because it's hard to find similar sized dishes in the UK, especially in my area. There are many small portion dishes in Japan, which are called 'Kozara (a small dish)' or 'Kobachi (a small bowl)'. There are a lot of choices. When it comes to buy some, you will feel like a kid in a candy store. It's a good size to put soy souce (or other dipping sources), pickles or small portion of something in them.

I bought these at 'Afternoon Tea', one of Japanese women's favourite shops with having concept to produce relaxing time. They sell food, clothing, tablewares etc. I had thought that most of items they sell were European style because they used to be, but I found these blue Japanese style dishes there. My priorities were blue, small, Japanese, not so expensive, and appropriate to carry. After much deliberation, I decided to buy these. I am happy with these.

Popular Posts