Delfts Blauw

I like Delft blue (Delfts Blauw) - blue and white pottery made in and around Delft in the Netherlands from the 16th century. I only have a ring with Delft blue decorated with a windmill.

Today I found and bought a Delft blue handpainted cup at Chelmsford Market. It's a local market and you can see many things from antiques, crafts, tools to foods. I browsed some stalls slowly and the cup caught my eyes, because it was my favourite blue and white pottery, and also this shape was very familiar for Japanese as a green tea cup, but I think the shape is unusual in European pottery. I could buy it a little bit cheaper, I think I made a great buy :) This has a unicum number (6/4), that is only 5 other cups exist :) I wish someday I could find the other cups...

Comments

Popular Posts