Telephone

The other day, I saw an old home telephone toy for kids, and I thought it's the item which reflects the generation most. It was a push button telephone, but the one I had when I was a child, was with a rotary dial. My niece had a cell phone toy. Nowadays, it's amazing that even small children scroll their finger on a touch panel screen.

Cell phones used to be a big and more expensive compared with today's. In my 20's, 'pocket bells', commonly called 'pokeberu' were popular among young Japanese people when we couldn't afford a cell phone. This was used as a portable text gadget. It was taken over by personal handy phone (PHS) or cell phone soon.

At the first time I came to the UK in 1992, I made a collect call to Japan. I was charged about £50 for 10 minutes at that time, but now you can have a free call like Skype.

When we were finally at the point in time of 2015, some media picked up what was right and wrong from the world of 2015 which was described in the film 'Back To The Future II'. Next, what would the world be like in the 22nd century, where a Japanese famous animation character 'Doraemon' came from? Both have something in common with a 'time machine'.

Popular Posts