A Broom is a Broom!

Have you ever seen the Japanese animation film "Kiki's Delivery Service", which is produced by Hayao Miyazaki. It's a story about a witch-in-training girl, Kiki. In the story, it's traditional to witches to live for a year along when they reach the age of 13. She leaves a village for the big city with a broom and her black cat Jiji.

I wanted to buy a broom like she has, for the garden. We don't have a car and there is a limit to access shops and carry shopping things. It's a lovely day for gardening, so we went to a local ironmonger to get a broom. Unfortunately there were only scrubbing brushes, which is like Kiki flied on when she saved her friend Tombo who lifted into the air and was hanging from a dirigible. My bf asked a shop owner whether if they have a long brush, but his answer was "No, a broom is a broom". Our garden is not a lawn but bricks, so we got it. But I complained about it, because I only used scrubbing brushes in a toilet room at school! How can I imagine it's for a garden? I turned my anger against my bf. We had a petty bickering about it, just because of a broom. How ridiculous! I walked from town holding a broom and went back home. I felt as if I was Kiki!


Comments

Popular Posts