Vicky the Viking

Have you ever seen the cartoon 'Vicky the Viking'? I saw it on TV when I was young.

The other day, my family gave a farewell party for me. And my nieces gave me a pink rabbit soft toy. There is a story behind this. The kids have the same yellow and white rabbits, and take the soft toys wherever they go. In fact, their rabbits lost their hair and are a bit dirty even after washing hair as often as they could. I sewed their dresses to cover their shabby-looking parts. They have names; Pyong and Pippi, both names starting with P. So kids wanted me to bring the same rabbit to the UK and to name it starting with P. I named the pink rabbit Pikke without deeply thinking. But it reminded me the cartoon I saw when I was a kid. The title in Japan is 'Chiisana Viking Bikke'.

When I told my bf about it, the conversation turned to the cartoon 'Vicky the Viking'. Amazingly, he knew it and said it was a famous cartoon in the UK. More surprisingly, it's an Austrian-German-Japanese cartoon series, which tells adventures of a Viking boy. Honestly I don't remember the story, but I enjoyed it very much. I promised kids that I will report about Pikke from the UK. What a lovely aunt I am:)

Comments

Popular Posts