Spouse Visa

The reason we went to Birmingham and Solihull was to go to the public enquiry office of UKBA to submit my visa application in person. We were a bit nervous, because every process was new for us. Unlike the bad images of UKBA, the staff there were very kind and friendly, and made us relax. In our case, everything went on smoothly. Of course, we checked application and documents dozens of times. And also we prepared many documents as much as we could. As a result, we didn't show every document we prepared.

My case was renewing from fiancee visa to spouse visa. I think the most important evidence were three, based on an assumption that I am in the UK legally; my English language ability, that my husband meets the financial requirement and our marriage certificate. After that, the officer checked the payment details at a different counter, and then my biometrics were taken in an another room.

According to the UKBA, your biometric card will be delivered by courier within 7 to 10 working days of them issuing your decision letter. I received it in 2 days. I am happy about that, because last time after I submited fiancee visa application to UK visa application centre in Tokyo, I waited and waited for about 2 months with bated breath! It was busy period due to concur with a dedline of Youth Mobility Scheme. I am really happy as my status is upgraded immediately. There are some things which are put on hold, but from now I can do everything.

We did well and could enjoy travelling as well. During two years, I must take and pass other English test and the Life in the UK Test. I feel another pressure though...

Comments

Popular Posts