A New Job

I started to work at a local restaurant. To tell the truth, I'd never ever worked at restaurants nor at cafes. I had experiences with some unique part-time jobs in Japan and had worked in a office as office administrator for a long time. For that reason, I am not sure if I am cut out for a job like this, but it's a new and nice experience for me. Good things are that people working there are very kind and restaurant has a friendly atmosphere. I was in a bit of a panic and made plenty of mistakes on the first day, even though it wasn't busy very much. I struggled just to keep up with everyone and learn how to do the job, but I could enjoy.

I think young people who work in the UK on a Youth Exchange Scheme visa are very brave. I didn't have the guts to work like them when I was young. Working abroad is not easy, but a worthwhile job. I rediscover my feelings as the same as I received my first paycheck. Keep a beginner's mind in everything:)

Comments

Popular Posts