Toys

Time passes very quickly and Christmas season comes along! When you were a child, what did you request Santa Claus? Honestly I didn't expect him very much, because Christmas in our family was not like the one in a story or most European people have. Also Christmas is not a holiday in Japan. We had the dinner and cake, and received a present from parents though... My sister is crazy about Christmas for her kids, she always makes a big plan for children involving our family, maybe because we long for real Christmas.

According to a magazine, not only for Christmas, but Britain is Europe's biggest toy market. British parents buy an average of 41 toys per year, which is almost a toy per week! I think I had many toys when I was youg, but most of them were hand-me-downs from my sister and parents' friends. My dolls (a kind of Barbie) had a terrible bad hair like after being caught in a explosion. Also something was broken or missing.

I had a friend who had wealthy parents. They had a housemaid, and she had many toys which most girls admired. I'm not sure but her father was a board member of a toy company or something like that. She had everything, I enjoyed resting in the hammock in her house and playing with toys. On her birthday, we gave her notebooks and pencils, Hello Kitty goods or something nice as age-appropriate, but we received a big paper bag in return, which included Minnie Mouse soft toy, play cards and many other things. Small presents always came back in multiples!

I gave all my toys to my cousins or someone. Only the doll is left which my grandfather bought for me. But now, the toy I really want to get back is very simple egg-shaped mouse with wheels. I always put it in my bag and carried when I was really young. I lost it or don't remember who I gave it to.

Comments

Popular Posts