I'm home!

I came back home safety via Hong Kong! My flight was fine. I watched four films in the airplane like mad: Bridesmaids, Bad Teacher, Black Swan and the King's Speech. The first two films are crazy comedies. Black Swan was heavy, but Natalie Portman was really good. I also enjoyed watching the King's Speech. In a cathedral scene, it reminded me of our Ely trip.

The sunrise glow from the airplane window was really beautiful. The early morning in Hong Kong was misty, the high mountains and tall buildings were mystic and beautiful. Eventually, I hadn't slept pretty much until I got home. I had an addled brain. As you might expect, having a connecting flight and going straight back to Sendai in the same day was somewhat hard trip.
 
It's cold weather in Sendai. The damaged wall of the nearest station was fixed. My house has been repaired. The kitchen was completely changed. The floors are new. In the inside, our house looks a bit disjointed, like a patchwork, but I liked it and think it's interesting. The broken wallpapers were still there, because of shortage of materials and higher prices. We will wait to repair them until next spring. Amazingly, there are still small earthquakes everyday, not only in the Tohoku area. I saw a news story about conducting evacuation drills near other nuclear power plants in Japan. In my neighbourhood, some houses were demolished and now they are vacant lots. A heavy damaged road is still closed, but I can see reconstruction efforts step by step.

Everyone, thank you for supporting me when I was in the UK!

Comments

Popular Posts