Treasures

Lately I've been thinking about my treasures. I mean not the treasures in my heart, but items I own. What's the most precious item in my possession? I've spent my life in my room, surrounded by my favourite things, and I've always taken this for granted.

Some evacuees from Kawauchi Village, inside the 20km exclusion zone of the Fukushima nuclear power plant, were allowed to temporarily return to their home on 10th May. They wore protective suits and masks, had walkie-talkies, a plastic bag and dosimeters, and got on a bus. Only one person from each household was allowed to take part (two were allowed in exceptional circumstances). They could spend up to two hours in the village, and were allowed to bring out only one plastic bag (70 x 70 cm) of personal belongings.

I think it's hard to select the property you want to keep within 2 hours. If I were in that situation, what would I save: valuable goods, objects of memory, clothes?? Items for the family?

If it were you, which items would you save? What treasures would you want and need to keep?

Popular Posts