Farm-phobia

I often go for a walk with my friend. At the beginning, there was no problem. We were just excited and enjoyed walking. But as our experience becomes broader, we started to have a fear against dogs at farms. Originally I am scared of dogs, because of bad childhood experiences, but I've coped with it somehow.

We've already had a few bad experiences with dogs, by barking and chasing. WE also saw a scary dog with evil eyes and sharp canines. It was inside a low fence, and barked at us while we passed by. We thought it might jump over the fence and felt scared. It's ok if they are inside the gate, but some farms leave the gate open and their dogs walk around freely without leads. I can understand that they are guard dogs to keep farmer's property and livestock, but why do they leave them freely on a public footpath? Different from other pet dogs, they are so aggressive, because they are trained to guard the farm.

Since then, we feel scared every time we approach the farm or hear dog's barking...We sometimes made a detour to avoid scary 'DOGS'!!

The other day, we found this. I don't know who wrote this. It was hanging on the gate on a public footpath. Landowner or whoever wrote this, it causes walkers to feel completely unpleasant and gives a bad image! I love walking but how can I treat my farm-phobia???

Popular Posts