My project - Roller Blind

In our kitchen, the old roller blind was hanging by the window, which seems it had been there for a long time perhaps before the big mouse moved in. It was a yellow colour, but I wanted to change it to green-ish since our kitchen theme colour is green. I had 2 minds; to change a fabric for the roller or to hang a newly cafĂ©-curtain.

before
Since I got a nice curtain sample (again!), I decided to remake it into a roller blind. I didn't know the roller blind structure, I referred the magazine 'Handmade Interiors' which introduces how to make cushions, blinds and soft furnishings. When I dismantled the old roller blind, I realised it's a quite simple structure, but this magazine was helpful and tells some techniques.


First, I undid a seam. It's extra work, but I don't mind. The sample curtain was only 1 pound anyway. And I just measured, cut, sewed and attached the pole. The sample curtain was longer than its width, but I used the fabric with the longer side at the top. The design is not too assertive, and it suits our kitchen. At last, our kitchen curtain is upgraded. I am very satisfied with this. I still have a lot of home projects:) I will do them bit by bit.

After

Popular Posts