Like Crazy

I watched an American romantic drama film 'Like Crazy (2011)' on TV. It's about a long-distance relationship between a woman living in London and a man in Los Angeles. When a woman, Anna, attended college in Los Angeles as a exchange student, she met an American student Jacob and fell in love with him. Love is blind. She stayed over in America even though her student visa had expired. Consequently, she was sent back to the UK by immigration officials and it became more difficult to meet each other. In short, she was thoughtless and it's her fault. But when I saw the scene they were stressed over the visa issue, it reminded me of our visa process. Even though my visa history was clear, it definitely made us so frustrated and drove us mad. Just only because of visa matter, if the relationship becomes damaged, I feel very regretful. It might be one of the real purposes of the immigration bureau, to weigh their real feelings. Again, in a sense, I feel I was lucky to get a visa before the rule had changed a lot. If we hadn't hurried my solicitor up, there was a possibility to become under the new strict rules. It was really tricky. Especially under this uncertain circumstance after the Brexit, it maybe more of a matter for concern than before.

Popular Posts