Winter Snow

Today, there was snow here in Essex, UK. It's still far away from 'white' world, but it's pleasure to see all pure white snow for me. Actually there had not been snow here for a couple of years.

I grew up in northern Japan which is known for its heavy winter snow. As global warming is progressing, the volume of snow has decreased. In my hometown Sendai, there was a lot of snow when I was young, but not so much now. Basically, the snow in Sendai is nasty. Because it's different from really the deep snow area, snow melts soon during the day and becomes ice in the evening. It's like a skating rink in some places. But for me, in my 20's, being interested in fashion, I wore boots with spike high heels on icy roads. What an idiot. There was no phrase in my dictionary that 'you should choose your clothes according to time, place and occasion.' But if I make an excuse, I'd never ever slipped over with spike high heel boots, even if I was walking like a penguin. Rather I slipped over twice with flat heel boots on a road. I often made a snowman and snow slider with my grandfather who had a childlike mind, when I was a child. And also I went snowboarding in my 20's. Always snow was familiar to me during a winter.

Anyway, the snow will not pile up, but I like to imagine to stand in solemn silence reigned over the white field with a distinct atmosphere.

Popular Posts