A Crochet Project - Doily

A Happy New Year. The first day of the year was a rainy day here.

I've crocheted many items from soft toys to hats. After the craft sales in November and December, I started to make an doily from a a design in an old magazine about old-fashioned table throws. I found the magazine at a charity shop and I thought I would like to make this item. Using fine crochet cotton and small hook, it's very detailed work, compared with the wool or acrylic yarns I usually use. But I quite like it.

Near the end, I ran out of thread and added the same coloured one, but the colour is slight different because of being from a different lot. Now I finished it. I am very satisfied by it. A doily is just a doily, nothing further than an item serving as a foil in the house, but if you make it by yourself, you grow fond of it more :)

Popular Posts