Sendai

Wherever you are, home is where you make it. That's true. Because now I feel relief when I came back to our home in the UK as well. However if I go back to Sendai where I had lived for about 40 years, I am reminded of the nostalgic olden days. Familiar sight always welcomes me and makes me feel relief. When I was a student, in 20's and 30's, the Sendai Station was the place I walked past almost every day. Even if I felt unpleasant, sad, happy and anxious, I looked on this building from a biased viewpoint with a different feeling. There is nothing immutable, but the fact remains that it's my hometown.


While I was in Sendai, I visited some nostalgic places, ate nostalgic yummy food and enjoyed life as if I got something back while I was absent there. I don't know when I will go back there next time, but my spiritual hometown is always there.


Popular Posts