Rip Off

Now I came back from Japan. After a pleasant flight, there's the troublesome process of clearing immigration. Even though I have nothing to hide, it always gives me the hump and makes me nervous. Because the queue is always long and also I had a trouble at the Heathrow Airport the first time I arrived. I was young. Young people normally tend to be asked lot of questions. It was allowed to enter the UK because I was in a group and everybody was ok. But I learnt that UK passport control check is so strict. Now it's getting stricter I feel.

When we arrived at the passport control at the airport, the queue was short. But only a couple officers worked at the counters. Also a lady had trouble and was taking a lot of time. The process was annoyingly very slow...


I need to use Non-EU queue alone or can use EU queue when I am with my husband (English). The officer gave me a note about 'registered traveller' kindly. This service is open to American, Canadian, Hong Kong, Japanese, New Zealand, Singaporean, South Korean and Taiwanese passport holders. That means, we are trusted by the UK, in a sense. If you register for it, you can have benefits such as use of the UK/EU queue, no need to complete a landing card, etc... I thought it might be useful. BUT this service is NOT free. It cost 70 pounds per year!!! It's ridiculous. I've completely forgotten what's the UK Border like. If you are a rich person, it might be a small sum of money. If you are a business person and often use the airport, it might be helpful. If it was 17 pounds, well...there is still room for consideration. If it cost 17 pounds one time only, it would be better. But, I was wrong. I am shamed of myself that I thought even a little it was a nice service. To be honest, it's a rip-off...

Popular Posts