Uncertain Love

A promising love is sweet and warm, an uncertain love is anxiety and hurt... The termination of the latter is always tragedy (in novels). Like 'Romeo and Juliet', readers think over if there was another way to avoid such ending. If she, if he, if.....

After a long time, I was reading a fiction about a love story, in my native language. It was a skewed love with class differences. Their pride got in the way of being honest and there was a gap which would never be filled. So, what is beyond there? I knew the conclusion and it was so sad. Though, I didn't think it was a tragedy (in a sense). Because they finished their lives with their happy memories, at least... If the author finished the story with happy ending, you can feel the good-aftereffects, but sometimes it's good to bask in the afterglow of sadness. Anyway, it was a nice story.

In the UK, most of books I read are in English language. But unlike English, I realised again that understanding and taking up abilities in my native language are completely different. Of course, I've only spoken Japanese language about 40 years. Now, I speak 'not-perfect English', 'not-fresh Japanese' either, I feel I'm becoming betwixt and between, and another human being.

Popular Posts