Daylight Savings

The clock went back. I felt the day was long as never before. This is one of the things I probably haven't got used to it in the UK.

I was born, and grown up in Japan, which doesn't have daylight savings. Even though we say 'the days are getting shorter/longer' in the ordinary conversation, that meanings are a little different from the UK's. If I must say, 'the days are getting 'too' shorter or 'too' longer'.

Actually, I had no idea that such a system exists in the world when I was a child. I had thought everything is the same worldwide. This is because I hadn't learnt about the spin of the earth, and also my world was with the same tribe on the island. I was utterly ignorant of the world. I had felt the world was bigger and with far off countries.

When I knew about the midnight sun at the first time, I was quite surprised by that fact. In the same way, polar night, and Christmas in the summer in Australia were also a similar surprise.

It impacts on a biological clock!!

Popular Posts