Mental Preparedness

My grandmother reached her 101st birthday last January. She is basically a healthy lady, but just aging. After she broke her leg and had a surgery more than 10 years ago, she started to have slight dementia. I feel it accelerated the aging process rapidly.

Now she has been in a hospital. One day, she tried to stand up, felt on her bottom and couldn't stand up. She complained about pain and was sent to the hospital. To come right to the point, she can't have any surgery anymore. Most of times she sleeps on the bed. She is getting thinner, skinny and weak. She has had a drip and she is fine at the moment.

The problem is that she can't swallow food down very well... I love my grandmother very much. I wish she could live longer, but on the other hand I feel my wish might be severe for her under such conditions. Different from illness, honestly, I don't know what I should wish for her. Just time has been passing.


Popular Posts