Hampton Court Palace

At last, I visited the Hampton Court Palace the other day. We couldn't reach there easily, because once train from London was cancelled and once the weather was terrible... When it comes to cross London and get another train, it's hard work.


As you know, Hampton Court Palace is a huge and magnificent royal palace, but it has not been inhabited by the British Royal Family since the 18th century. Now the rooms are divided into some eras' section as exhibits. The most excited part for me was Tudor section for Henry VIII. The Great Hall was especially stunning. Events are held there, staff wearing costumes of ages past and completely getting into their characters, a play some scenes involved with visitors. It made me a little bit nervous, because I didn't want to play a role and to disgrace myself with poor English in public. But probably they knew it.:). It was OK. Under the old building and their serious actions, we could feel the atmosphere of that age.

The kitchen, tapestries in rooms, chapel, crown and garden were amazing too. We couldn't see all part sof the palace, but I enjoyed it very much. In the garden, mixed in with children, I tried the maze for the first time in my life. It was fun, struggling to find a way. 

Popular Posts