St. Paul Cathedral

My memory of London from my first visit and current images of London are huge different. The roads were full of more black and red. I mean old-typed Double Deckers and no-advertisement black taxis were on roads. Almost 10 years later, when I came back to London, London had dramatically changed as with other metropolises. There were more modern buildings such as the Gherkin. Still now, constructions are undertaken everywhere.
  

I climbed up to the golden gallery of St. Paul Cathedral after over 20 years. This is the place where I realised I am scared of heights. It's 85 metres from the Cathedral floor and there are 528 steps up. But the view from the top was magnificent. I can't remember clearly what the view was like 20 years ago, but at least there weren't the Shard, London Eye and Millennium Bridge etc.


I don't remember if I paid for entrance fee, but I paid a few pounds for go up to the galleries. But now you need to pay £18 to enter the cathedral. Also you are not allowed to take photos inside now. It was ok about 20 years ago. I have some photos of inside, but I left them in Japan. They were not so clear because there weren't digital cameras like today.

Every time I see the mosaic ceiling of the cathedral, I think it's stunning, so beautiful. This time, I joined in a free guided tour (90 mins). I've already visited St. Paul Cathedral a few times, but I had some new discoveries from the guide's story and a lot of things to learn. It was really nice to come back there.


Popular Posts