Blackwater Rail Trail 3

Once we walked the Blackwater Rail Trail from Witham to Maldon, which used to be a railway. But we got a wrong path in the golf course and got lost. We made a course correction at some point, consequently we missed to see one of the big features of this walking course, the wooden bridge. What idiots...

The other day, I walked Wickham Bishops with my friend. Luckily and accidentally I came across this wooden bridge. The path along the river around this area was narrow, muddy and slippy. You had better to be aware of your steps when you walk after the rain. 




I passed the Wickham Place, which was once had a mill attached to it. There are still sluice gates.


I always feel regret that the railway service between Witham and Maldon has closed. When I was born, it didn't exist anymore. But I'm very happy that I could see the area we skipped before.

Popular Posts