5 Years Ago Today

Several days ago, I read the news saying that the human bone which was meshed by fisherman’s net and found early this year was identified by DNA test after 5 years. She was one of missing people after the tsunami of 2011 in Japan. Outside our conscious awareness, searching for missing people has continued for families under the faint hope.

5 years ago today, I was shuddering in the cold and fear. No electricity, no gas, no water, inside the house was freezing cold as the same as outside. I was wearing thick snowboard wear all day, even in the bed. I was completely in despair at that time. I always worried about my grandmother and uncle who had lived near us. Also I worried about my parents' health and our damaged house. How to get food and water for tomorrow? What would happen tomorrow??

Once a year, at this time of year, I open a magazine to look back how awful damages we had in my hometown. I just don't want to forget our tribulation for the victims of the earthquake and tsunami and for our future. I appreciate that I am living from the heart. Now, my second half of life is here, in the UK.

R.I.P.

Popular Posts