Daffodil

When I was a child, 'autograph book' was popular among students when you left school. I am not sure if it is still popular. It's about an A5 sized ring holder with lovely papers. You handed paper out to classmates, friends, teacher and so on. Especially, it was delightful to receive a message from your favourite boy/girl. They usually wrote a playful self-introduction; such as their favourite things, colours, hobbies, drawing, messages etc... to you. Sometimes stupid things or buzzwords as well.

Mine was Hello Kitty's autograph book. I still have it in my parent's house. Soon after I left school, my grandmother visited us. I showed her the book. I asked her to write it and gave her a paper. What she wrote was 'I like daffodils' and a drawing.

I saw some daffodils were blooming. It's a warmer-than-normal winter, isn't it? Every time I see daffodils I remember her autograph.

Popular Posts