Shusse-uo

We are going to take down the Christmas decorations before the Twelfth Night. It's so sad that all decorations are taken down, so I decided to display a new year decoration.

I hung this Japanese towel which I bought in Japan when I went back last time on a wall. It's not a new year decoration but I think the design is very Japanese. Actually, designs are varied and they are popular as overseas gift as well.

This design is about a yellowtail. In my country, this fish is called Shusse-uo, it literally means a fish that is called by different names as they grow larger. And it is thought that it is a good luck symbol because people used to change their name as they achieved successful careers and changed their status in Edo period. It must bring our home a good luck.
 

Popular Posts