Language

I sometimes think "it's not fair" in the world, when I see someone who stands out from the others. For example, someone who has a good figure, or who is really smart. I know I can't help it. That must be envy and jealousy. In reality, I just have to accept the way I am as everybody does. What is called, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

When I started learning English language, I felt the world become larger double, triple or more. That's why I like to learn languages. Since then, I'd enjoyed learning English while I was a student. My dream was vague, but now I am here, I am able to live in the another country. But it's also the truth that I've still struggled hearing and speaking English. The brain and mouth don't work together. I notice my mistake soon after I spoke. For example, the brain knows the target is 'woman', but the word came from my mouth without thinking was 'he'... etc... grrrrr

If you apply for citizenship or to settle in the UK (ILR; indefinite leave to remain), you need to prove your knowledge of the English language. Since I've got the ILR, the rule has changed a lot. First, the English test I used to prove for the ILR has already disappeared from the list. And the rule changed. I think I was lucky, even then the rule was already tight.

And under the new rule, an applicant has to met the A2 level English (A1 before), for further leave to remain visa, (A1 for fiancee visa, B1 for ILR). On the government website about the new rule of English language, there was a spelling mistake earlier on though... Well, I think I should stop nitpicking about the government website, shouldn't I?

Popular Posts