Loser !?

I read an article of The Independent saying 'Angry single men protest against Christmas in Tokyo'. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/angry-single-men-protest-against-christmas-in-tokyo-a6779691.html --- What an idiot!

In fact, Japanese couples tend to spend Christmas day together. Unlike in European countries, we have a wrong idea and a different meaning of Christmas. But it's our own Christmas culture. As I mentioned on my blog before, the climate for Christmas is a little bit harsh for singletons. And commercial strategies fuels general atmosphere, and media amusingly describe singletons as 'loser' or 'parasite'. 

Why are they highly sensitive about Christmas? I think school education is the underlying cause, because Japanese people learn cooperation rather than uniqueness at school. People tend to feel release doing something one has seen someone else do. And if you do something different, it sometimes tends to be attacked. That's why they think themselves 'loser with woman' because Christmas is now major for couples in Japan. I don't like these Japanese claims. It might be a joke, but some people take it seriously.

If I borrow their words, I was a loser. So what? Think about it. You are just manipulated by a imported culture. What's wrong with singleton? And also, if you are the anti-Christmas person, I think you don't need to celebrate it, to be vividly aware of Christmas nor to be self-conscious about it. Just you spend 24th and 25th December openly and squarely as a singleton. Above all, I don't think they are really anti-Christmas people. It's only temporary. Soon after they find a girl friend or wife, or have children, I bet they enjoy celebrating Christmas together. This is my theory.

Popular Posts