Tokyo Tower

My parents sent me a photo of Tokyo Tower, they travelled there the other day. It made me giggle.

Tokyo Tower is a communications and observation tower, which was built in 1958. It was the tallest structure (332.9m/1,092ft) in Japan until the Tokyo Skytree (634m/2,080ft) was constructed on 2012.

When my mother visited there first time, she felt scared to get down in the lift. She told me that she used stairs with her friends! What an idiot! It sounded more scary to me though... About 600 steps! Just as you would expect, she made other people wait and the bus delayed...

Most Japanese provincial junior high school students visit there on their school trip, but I've never been to the observatory of Tokyo Tower. When I was on a school trip, we arrived at Tokyo Tower by bus, but time was delayed due to traffic jam or something and theschedule of going to the observatory was cut. The tour conductor said 'look up the Tokyo tower, and imprint it on your memory'. Then we headed over to the next destination.

Why did I giggle? Because this is almost the same angle from what I looked up from the bus when I was a student...


Popular Posts