In Winter

Human life is fragile... I sometimes think so when someone die in an accident or incident, or when I read and know about an ancient people's lives. 

The other day, one of my old neighbours died and departed this world. He was the only person who talked to me, when I was a stranger here. He didn't care even if I couldn't understand what he said. Everybody says they weren't surprised about his death because he didn't have a healthy life. But I've had a strange feeling, maybe because I talked with him on the day he had a heart attack and died. He looked normal at that time. He didn't have relatives. So his death was so quiet for people who weren't present at the final moment. It is as if suddenly he disappeared from this town.

All human beings are mortal. Though we all know this would have to happen someday, a heart moves differently if it really happens around you. Even so, we, people left behind must move on without them, and harshly and unrelentingly the world goes on and the time would be passed. The sudden death of a local man who was often be seen around here has left me strange feelings. In addition, the winter's dark  atmosphere gives me indescribable sentiment.


Popular Posts