Contradiction

There is concern about the impact of the mass media on children. Even though there is the children's rating system, I don't think it's very effective. Because it's accessible for everyone. That's why parents try to protect their children from the harm that comes from TV, films and game shows.

On the other hand, every time I turn the TV on (in the UK), many dramas and films about detective, thriller, murder, killer, drug, ghost, alien, zombie, and something such bloody violence things leap out. Less heart warming. That means if you reach at the age which allow you to see these programmes, violence and drug scenes are always everywhere. Under these circumstance, it's no wonder that children take an interest on them. It's just my opinion, I feel a contradiction about dramas in the UK.. I think television companies should much more pay attention to their power and influence on people, more carefully and seriously.

In my country, I think there are many stupid TV programmes, but there are more romance and comedy dramas as well. But I also have a question about tabloid TV shows. Because I feel they raise a topic repeatedly, blow things out of proportion and sometimes build up people's anxiety.

Popular Posts