Azuki-beans Muffins

I used to bake a cheese cake or gateau chocolat. They are good for a party or big family, but too much for only two of us. Also I can't bake a nice hard cheese cake anymore because cream cheese  (Philadelphia cream cheese) is now spreadable and soft, and no longer hard as before. It was hard to beat it up, but I prefer a hard cheese cake. There must be another cheese which is suitable for my desirable cheese cake, but unfortunately, I haven't found the way.

Anyway, we've tried not to eat sweets too much for our health, because sugar is biologically addictive. But you know, sometimes the body wants. So I bake muffins as a treat. I wanted to add the Japanese green tea powder; matcha to these, but I don't have it, so it's plain muffin with azuki beans.


When I travelled to Koiwai Farm (Iwate Prefecture) in Japan several years ago, I ate a wonderful cheese cake (below) which was rich and heavy. I want to taste it again!!!

Popular Posts