Aquarium

I heard from my mother that a new aquarium Sendai Umi-no-mori Aquarium was opened in my hometown on 1st July 2015. The new location is the place which was flooded from the tsunami (2011).

There was another aquarium in Matsushima, but it was closed on May 2015 due to antiquated building. So, most animals moved to the new place.

I remember there was a plan to build a new aquarium after the earthquake, but it was a controversial plan at that time. It seemed difficult to realise the plan. And then I moved to the UK. I'd completely forgotten about it. When I heard this news, I quite surprised it was built so quickly.

On December 2015, the new Sendai Subway Tozai Line is scheduled to open. It will be convenient access for the zoo and this aquarium. Sendai should be able to attract more guests. :)

Popular Posts