Mushroom

At a time in the past, Liverpool's biggest stars 'The Beatles' had mushroom haircuts. They were cool in their own way.

When I was young, I had long hair, chest length. My hair is wavy and curly. It's difficult to deal with, I always tighten my hair. I was in the process of graduating from elementary school. For such a special day of my life, I thought I would have a little bit haircut. I went to a local hairdressing shop which my mother's friend ran. It was the first time to visit there. I sat on a seat in front of the mirror and asked her to cut to shoulder length.

When I think back, I doubt her skill... or for argument's sake, let's assume that she wasn't experienced in such terribley natural wavy-curly hair. It was a horrible result. While she had adjusted the whole hair length, my hair became shorter than shoulder-length in a moment. At that point, I was already unsatisfied with my new hairstyle, but I couldn't say anything because she was my mother's friend. I was frozen in front of the mirror. After she dried my hair, it became shorter due to my hair type, it waved and curled up... It was definitely short hair like 'Mushroom'!

According to my mother, she was worrying about me, because I had such disappointed face. Needless to say, I never visited there.

In pictures of my graduation day, I am pictured with dowdy mushroom hair... It retains pleasant memories though...

Popular Posts