All About Balance

I think everything is all about balance. Life, business, colour, fashion, health, food, human relationship, etc, if they are well balanced, everything goes well. However, everybody knows it's hard to keep well-balanced for everything. Because everything is variable, progressing with the flow of space-time. So people sometimes distress themselves and struggle to cope flexibly with it.

Generically, it is said that Japanese are a shy and quiet nationality. Of course, it depends on a person and personality, but I think it's a Japanese-ism. Because we've grown up in a unique society, where it is described that 'tall trees catch much wind'. Cooperative and harmony were generally good rather than uniqueness or assertiveness.

With more globalization, Japan has been affected by Western culture and has developed a unique society embracing elements of mixed-culture. But it still contains such old trends in a daily life.

For example, when the bird flu faced becoming a pandemic, people started to wear masks in a public to protect themselves, and everybody had a heightened sensitivity to the news. But I didn't wear a mask because it's hard to breathe for me. One day, when I got on a bus, terribly hot air caused me to have a bronchitic cough. Suddenly I got a dirty look as if I had a virus. A woman in front of me obviously looked me with a frown. Their line of vision was saying 'how rude you are, wear a mask and behave like a lot of sheep'. I got off the bus at the next stop because I needed to have fresh air.

I think I am quite self-conscious. Self-conscious about how people look to me. It's unconsciously and unwillingly, but I am instinctively responsive to it. That is deeply distasteful to me, because that sometimes causes me to lose balance and confidence. So I try to avoid thinking about other people as much as I can. I want attention seekers to give me a bit of their essence...

Popular Posts