My House Project - Chair

The other day, I flicked through one of the BBC TV programmes 'Handmade' on iPlayer. This series consists of three parts; glass, metal and wood without voice or music, just shows the craft process. The one I saw was 'wood' which was filmed over five days creating a Windsor chair. And I thought, I need to finish my chair project...

At last, I fixed the chair which I had left unfinished for a long time. The problem with this chair was that the wooden frame inside the straws was broken. That means it was a chair you couldn't sit on...

I measured and cut boards carefully, but the edge was not straight because I only used a hand saw. It became stranger and stranger as I tried to adjust by cutting. So I made a compromise on perfection. Oh, well..., never mind. I am not professional and 'handmade' is full of flavour... Anyway, I wanted to use this chair as a bed side table to put a lamp on, so flat board was ideal.

In the future, I may paint the chair frame or may not... but just in case, the board is removable. I am quite happy with what I've done.

 

Popular Posts