Purikura

'Purikura' has changed remarkably in the last 20 years! 'Purikura' are sticker pictures which are taken in Purikura booths. It's still a popular activity among especially Japanese school girls and young adults. Printed pictures on sticker paper in multiple copies are shared with friends.

When I was in my 20's, it was also a popular activity after/before drinking party with friends. You could choose frames or decoration with the touch-screen and stylus. That's all. But now, the booths themselves look different - more bigger. Also you can write and draw freehand with a variety of pen colours and styles.

When I went out with my nieces, we took 'Purikura' together per their request. On our pictures, we all had big eyes like after having post-plastic surgery.


While I was waiting for my nieces who had decorated on the touch-screen, I took a photo of this kids' Anpanman ride in the amusement arcade.

Popular Posts