Tokyo Skytree

When I was in Tokyo before I moved to the UK, I could see Skytree in a distance from a train window. It was still under construction. Now, it opened for the public and became the tallest structure in Japan and reached its full height of 634.0 metres (2,080 ft). The fascinating thing is that the Skytree adopted the essence of advanced structual design technology and traditional knowledge as vibration-controlling structure like a five-story pagoda temple.


There are observatories at 350m (1,150ft) and 450m (1,480ft), and the upper observatory features a spiral, a glass-covered skywalk (partly).

When I visited the Skytree, it was clear weather, I could enjoy panoramic views of the river and the city including Mt Fuji.


To tell the truth, I am scared of heights, but I was ok except for a glass-covered floor.


The fastest large-capacity lifts were installed into the tower. Four shuttle lifts have capacity of 40 people, and they are able to carry passengers up to the 350m observatory in approximately 60 seconds.

When we went back to the bottom, we could see inside of the structure from the ceiling of the lift.


I think it's an amazing structure in Japan. I didn't want to imagine that earthquake would happen while I was there, but if the weather is nice, it's a very nice place to visit.

Popular Posts