The Analects


I read this book 'A word of Lunyu' (in Japanese). It's about some sayings and ideas attributed to the Chinese philosopher Confucius and his contemporaries. Japanese writer gives an explanation how to understand the meanings. It's a sort of self-help book based on the analects.
 
The Analects has been one of the most widely read and studied books in China, and Japanese students have an opportunity to learn some of the collection at school. At that time, I wasn't interested in this very much, but now I think these are very meaningful and valuable. When you are not interested in, any word doesn't resonate with your mind.
 
Confucius taught people five basic virtues; kindness, righteousness, sobriety, wisdom and trustworthiness. He gives us some idea to have harmony and balance in our lives. There are many different kinds of people in the world, and sometimes you lose your genuine self in difficulty. I wanted to see myself through my different eyes. That's why I picked up this book from shelves.
 

Popular Posts