Miss Saigon

We went to London and saw the musical 'Miss Saigon' at the Prince Edward theatre. I saw this musical in Tokyo (Japanese version) about 20 years ago, and I wanted to see this in English. It's a love story tells the tragic tale of a young orphan girl who works at a bar and falls in love with an American GI, during the Vietnam War.


I've seen some musicals in London, but I noticed that were more Asian people in the audiences than for other musicals.


The bar in the theatre has a balcony, and some people were drinking until the show starts.


I think the seats were full even in balconies. The musical was really great, not only performance but also the set and stage effects. The helicopter's appearance was remarkable. You could feel it as if it flies over you. It's very touching musical. If you have a chance to see this musical, don't miss it!

Popular Posts