Her

We saw the film 'Her' an American science fiction romantic film. The film received some nominations, but to be honest, I was disappointed. Just because it was not my cup of tea. My husband said it was nice film, but unfortunately I didn't think so.

It's a story about a lonely man who are proceeding to end his marriage. And he develops an unlikely relationship with 'Samantha' a fictional woman in operating system. She learns and grows psychologically and he fell in love with her.

In fact, the film is built up with beautiful pictures and musics, but I felt that it's just a story about a computer otaku's fantasy, who lives in a virtual world and turns his back to the real. There is no wonder that he falls in love with her, because she is the woman who is designed and programmed to adapt and evolve as his princess. He alternates between joy and grief against a non-existent woman. It seem like crazy from the outside. In reality, I am not fascinated in such a guy, rather I developed a feeling of disgust, that's why I was disappointed with this film (sorry). But good thing was they split up at the end.

Perhaps, this is our modern world. We live half in virtual, and half in real. It's not a bad thing, I just can't have empathy with it, when it comes to be in love.

Comments

Popular Posts