My Happy Memory

It's terrible wind and heavy rain again! Eventually we got a man to repair the garden fence.

While it stopped raining, I went to Braintree Freeport by a train today. There is a outlet shopping centre. If you want to know what I bought, you can see pictures in my Japanese blog. But here it's another story.

There is a road which run along the train track partly from Witham to Braintree. I saw a blue car from a train window, which was moving with the same speed as train. I could see a child figure in the car waiving hand at the train. It reminded me of my childhood.

When I was young, I usually spent summer holiday at my grandparent's house in Iwaki, Fkushima. Actually they didn't live there. It was like a leisure house. My grandfather loved there and wanted to move to the house, but in reality, it is located in remote area and it was difficult to do daily shopping without a car. They didn't have a car, and there is (still!) no bus services. He died without his dream come true. His grave is now in the village as he wished.

Anyway, we always packed plenty of food, toys and cloths in a car, drove to their house during a holiday. It took about 3 hours from Sendai by car. Sometimes we visited other places such as beach and towns on our way to there. It was really happy event for us. Not only us but all my mother's siblings gathered. I run around in the rich natured area. We had BBQ in the garden and enjoyed fireworks at night.

My grandfather often visited there alone by a train and took good care of the house and garden. Our family and grandparents were tend to stay longer than others. When we back home in Sendai, sometimes there was a problem.  Car seats are only for 5 people including a driver, and my grandfather was willing to sacrifice for us because of limited seating. 6 of us got on a car at first. It was ok for a while because I was small and in a countryside. We drove along a dusty country road to the nearest station, and my grandfather changed onto a train.

Only once, we had a coincidental meeting‼ After he got on a train, and when we came near the Haranomachi Station, we found his train was running along the road with the same speed as our car. He found us and we found him on a train waving his hand! We were so excited! The memorable site is around here (following picture)!

Because of this, I thought the child in the blue car was adorable:) Thank you for reminding me of my happy memory!

Comments

Popular Posts