Offense

Because a checkout queue length was short, at a supermarket, I put items on a counter and I thought 'Oops'. Because there was a cashier I don't like. There are some grumpy cashiers in the world, and here she is. She is the one I want to avoid, because she usually doesn't say 'hello' to me, doesn't see my eye, doesn't smile, treats items roughly, doesn't say the total amount until I ask, doesn't concentrate on her work (so she inputted error and gave incorrect change). It's hard to believe, but it was true. It wasn't only once. I heard she said to 'Hello' to next customer with smile, obviously customer behind me was British. Anyway she is NOT friendly to me.

I don't know she does because she doesn't like me, or she is a racist (!?) or perhaps it's all in my mind. Different from London or other big cities, in my town, I still feel that I draw the attention of public as if I am an alien. It's getting better than before, and don't mind anymore, but you wouldn't feel good if you received such response at a supermarket or shop, would you? I want to do shopping without feeling discomfort. I don't know the truth of her intentions, I just try to avoid her as much as I can. It's better for me, and also for her, maybe?

Comments

Popular Posts